Monday, June 2, 2008

I'll have a glass of salad, please.

Hey, Internet, do you know what this picture is?



Take a guess. Seriously, guess what this is. Go ahead. Guess. REALLY, give it a go!

Give up? Annoyed? Both?

It's salad, I'm not kidding. In fact, moto called it "Greek salad, again," and it was my favorite of the ten courses we ate at that little hipster hangout, although the S'mores was a close second (the S'mores course sparked a somewhat heated discussion of the relative im/politeness of bowl-licking).

But I digress.

The Greek salad, again was just a shot of clear liquid, and that dot in the middle was (methinks) olive oil. The idea was to shoot it (or maybe sip and I was just really thirsty at the time and didn't understand the directions). I let it sit in my mouth for a while, and I can honestly say that I was surprised by a beverage. Because that beverage didn't look anything like V8, but it sure did taste like tomatoes and cucumbers and a little bit of saltiness and, well, like salad.

Pretty cool for a salad course. And pretty nifty for a restaurant whose laser was out of season. I mean, really: How can a CLASS 4 LASER be out of season? It was, unfortunately, so we didn't get to eat food cooked with a laser (but I did get a picture of the laser - check out my photostream on flickr). We did, however, eat food frozen with liquid nitrogen. So, ok, bonus points shall be awarded. For more pics, check out the moto section of my flickr pics.

In a word: Yum. In two words: But pricey.

1 comment:

Chesrow said...

I agree this was a bit salty. My boyfriend and I went to Moto this past March for my birthday. Our "greek salad again" was served in a small shot-like glass though. We had the 10-course meal---I probably could have done without this salad. (although I will say one thing--it was damn refreshing because it was served so chilled)
BTW-very cool blog...I have been a viewer for quite some time but never made comments up until now. Your blog keeps me very amused at work. :)